11.12.08

Professor Sweet Cheeks


The other day I let the Professor run around the room while I cleaned his cage. I placed the cage back in its usual spot once I was finished, however the wheel was not yet dry, so the cage had a gaping hole where the wheel usually connects. I had placed fresh water and food in the cage, and new that as usual, the hamster would come out of hiding whenever he got hungry and/or thirsty. He usually hides in the closet, so this is where I assumed he would be. The wheel did not dry that same day, so the hole in the cage was left open over-night. I remember that night, waking up and hearing the hamster drinking water, so I knew he had come out of hiding and found his way into his cage. However, I did not see him the next day, nor the next night or following day. I just assumed he was enjoying the darkness in the closet. Last night I did begin to get a little worried, since his food bowl looked untouched, and I hadn't seen him. I decided that I would look for him today if he did not come out of the closet during the night. As soon as I laid in bed and got comfortable, I heard a scratching on my bedroom door. It was what sounded to be a very frantic scratching. I got out of bed, turned on the light, and opened the door. As soon as it was opened, the hamster scurried into the room, straight into his cage and began drinking mass-amounts of water very quickly. So, The Professor had not been in the closet at all. The entire time he was out galavanting around, doing who knows what. I am glad he is safe, and did not come across the wrath of Macy the rabbit. Who knows what adventures lay ahead for Professor Sweet Cheeks, but let us hope they are as successful as this last one. 

1 comment:

Mamatoosi said...

*laugh* How funny. What a smart little hamster. I think he should be knighted Sir Ralph.